I am home alone for dinner tonight…always a good time for eggs. I have to admit eggs for dinner is not Murray’s fav supper, but I like it so this is a great opportunity to make eggs! He can eat the leftover fritter for breakfast tomorrow!
I did not really have a recipe but I can write down one! It took no time at all to cut up some veg, saute them, whisk the eggs, add milk salt & pepper …& cook it! It was very satisfying …eggs & toast for dinner. I looked up frittata on the internet just to confirm how I thought I should make it….so I read how to make a frittata on kitchn so I was inspired by them!
The vegetables I used were what I had on hand in the fridge & in the freezer…you can use any vegetables you have available that you like to eat…mushrooms, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, white potatoes, etc whatever you like
Here is the recipe
1/4 red pepper
1 small carrot
1 small sweet potato
I had some frozen veg so I added about 3 cauliflower florets & some frozen spinach
***USE WHATEVER VEGETABLES THAT YOU LIKE TO EAT!!
1 tbsp oil
1/4 cup milk
salt & pepper
2 handfuls of grated cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400f
- Slice & chop the red pepper, grate the carrot & sweet potato ( you can spiralize the potato if you want!) Set these aside..
- Prepare whatever vegetables you want to use by cutting them into small pieces
- Use a cast iron skillet or a skillet that can go in the oven….
- Heat the oil in the skillet & add the prepared vegetables & cook them until they are soft. Stir often to avoid the vegetables from burning & sticking to the pan
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs & milk together. Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables
- Sprinkle the cheese over the egg & vegetables
- Cook over medium heat until the edges look firm
- Put the pan in the oven to bake for about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are cooked through
- Remove from the oven
- Cut into wedges to serve