This is our family recipe for meatloaf…you’ll notice the addition of ketchup in the mixture and on top….my mom added ketchup to most foods she made. I will post her chicken recipe sometime, ..made with ketchup! All of her sweet and sour dishes…ketchup! Soups…ketchup! Stew…ketchup! I’m sure there was more!!!
Here is the recipe
Tenen Family Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, finely diced ( 1 cup)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 bread crumbs
1/2 cup ketchup- divided into 1/4 cup & 1/4 cup
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp salt & some pepper
1. Put the ground beef into a large bowl.
2. Add the diced onions, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup of ketchup
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, I use my hands …. I like to do this with my hands but I am using food safe gloves now… helps with the clean up…
4. Place beef mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and form into a fairly firm loaf shape
5. Brush the reserved 1/4 cup of ketchup all over the top
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 1- 1 1/2 hours or until throughly cooked