This beef stir- fry recipe is quite good. The recipe is from Chatelaine Magazine. Their recipes are usually good so this is what we had for dinner last Night. It was very fast to make so perfect when you don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing dinner
I made one change to this recipe, it calls for sherry in the sauce. I did not have any so I used orange juice instead. It was
I don’t usually make a very good stir-fry but when I follow a recipe it turns out! I always think that I can ‘wing it’ but somehow it doesn’t work!
I will share this recipe with you from Chatelaine Magazine…. the way I made it without the sherry…
300g to 375 g strip loin steak…* I used minute steaks..
1 head of broccoli
2 Portobello mushrooms
2 yellow peppers
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp bottled ginger or 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger or I bet you can use 1 tsp ground ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
- Slice the steak into bite size pieces…set aside
- Slice the broccoli into bite size pieces…set aside
- Clean & stem the mushrooms, then slice
- Slice the yellow peppers… set aside
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic & sesame oil…mix well until the cornstarch is dissolved…set aside
- Using a large frying pan or wok… Heat some vegetable oil & add the meat…stir fry the meat until it is cooked…remove from the pan & set aside
- Add more oil to the pan & add the cut up broccoli, mushrooms & yellow peppers. cook teh vegetables until they are tender crisp….
- Add the meat to the vegetables back to the pan ….then add the reserved sauce..
- Stir until the sauce thickens & all of the vegetables & meat is coated with the sauce..
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles