I saw this recipe recently on foodiecrush.com and thought it would be great for a vegetarian meal but I served it as a side salad with a frittata!
This salad has kale, roasted butternut squash and chickpeas with a tahini dressing. I will be using this dressing on other things because I really liked it. I added more honey to the salad dressing since I like my dressings a bit sweet & I doubled the recipe.. use as much as you like & if you have left-over dressing, keep it in the fridge to use on anything else! It is good on roasted vegetables, as a dip… drizzled on cooked fish….
The kale wilts as the hot roasted butternut and chickpeas are added to it.
I really loved this salad.
Link to the original salad recipe http://www.foodiecrush.com/kale-salad-with-butternut-squash-chickpeas-and-tahini-dressing/
Here is the recipe with some changes that I made
1 bag of baby kale
2 cups diced butternut squash …I used a small butternut squash & cut the flesh into cubes
1 can of drained chickpeas
1 – 2 tbsp curry powder *** I used 2 tbsp of curry powder, so it depends on how much curry flavour you want!
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Optional: 1/2 cup pecans, you can use candied pecans in this salad if you have them…
4 tbsp tahini
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
Preheat oven to 450f
You will need a baking sheet
- Put the baby kale into a large bowl, I wash the kale even if it says it is pre-washed so if you want to wash it, dry the kale really well before putting it into the bowl
- Put the butternut squash drained chickpeas onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the curry powder & drizzle with oil. Toss well so the butternut squash & chickpeas are coated with the oil & curry powder. Sprinkle with some salt
- Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven
- Roast for approximately 15-20 minutes until the butternut squash is tender & the chickpeas are starting to brown
- Add the warm butternut squash & chickpeas to the kale
- Mix the dressing & toss into the salad
- Add pecans if using & toss
You must log in to post a comment.