There are so many recipes for pot roast. I absolutely could not decide which one to make so I just made it myself. The weather here in Edmonton is bitterly cold so a good pot roast seemed in order for dinner last night.
Here is what i did!
Marilyn’s Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker
4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
3 parsnips, peered and cut into 2 inch chunks
1 medium size onion, cut into 8 ths
1 3 1/2 pound rolled roast
2 tbsp garlic powder
salt & pepper
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Put the prepared carrots, parsnips and onions into the slow cooker
2. Season the roast all over with the garlic powder and salt & pepper, rub it in
3. In a median size skillet, heat the 2 tbsp oil and sear the roast on all sides until it gets a nice brown crust.
4. Put the seared roast into the slow cooker
5. Mix the ketchup and the Worcestershire sauce together and spread on top of the roast
6. Cover the crockpot and set for 8 hours on low.
7. Once the cycle is finished, I took the crockpot pot and put it into a 350F oven for 30 minutes to brown the roast, basting often. If there is some ketchup on top I just put some of the juice from the pan on top of the roast to thin out the ketchup a bit
*** This can also made in the oven. 325F until tender so most likely around 3 hours. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the roaster so the roast doesn’t dry out.
You must log in to post a comment.