There are so many recipes for ground beef and many on this blog but when I saw this recipe for Korean Style Ground Beef I had to make it! A delicious recipe & a very quick dinner.
I did not have all the ingredients in the original recipe so I used it as a guide. You can sub the beef with chicken or the imitation meat products!
Serve over rice or any noodle instead of the quinoa! Change up the veg if you want but keep the quantities of the veg the same so you have enough of the delicious sauce.
Here is my recipe for Korean Style Ground Beef Bowl
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tbsp neutral oil
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp soya sauce
2-3 tbsp Gochujang Sauce *** Use 3 tbsp if you like your food a bit spicy
2 tbsp Mirin
1/2 tsp salt
3 green onions chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds divided, one tbsp in the beef & 1 tbsp to garnish
1 pkg baby bok choy cleaned and cut in half
2 tbsp oil & salt for the bok choy
1 large carrot grated
Preheat oven to 400f * to roast the bok choy
Quinoa or Rice
Cook according to the package & keep warm until the rest of the food is prepared
While the meat is cooking roast the Bok Choy
Line a baking sheet with foil & spray the foil with non-stick spray or use some oil to grease the oil . Put the prepared Bok Choy onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the 2 tbsp of oil over the veg & sprinkle the salt on. Toss to cover all of the veg with the oil & salt. Lay the Bok Choy in a single layer as mach as possible. Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven. Roast until soft & just starting to char, approx 8-19 minutes. Check often as the time will vary depending on the size of the veg. Remove from the oven when done & set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat, in a large skillet & cook the prepared onion until soft
- Add the minced garlic, stir & cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 2-3 minutes
- Now, put the ground beef into the skillet & break it up. Mix it with the onion & garlic and cook, stirring often until the meat is completely cooked and the liquid from the beef has mostly cooked away
- Pour the soya sauce, Gochujang Sauce, Mirin into the meat mixture & mix well so that all of the meat is coated with the sauces. Sprinkle on the salt & mix. Cook for about 5 minutes until you can see that the meat and sauces have combined well & are somewhat canalized & a nice dark brown color; Stir often so the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Scrape it up if it has stuck before it burns. This crispy part is delicious!
- Mix in the chopped green onion & sesame seeds, continue cooking until the green onion has softened.
- At this point you can turn the heat off until the quinoa and Bok Chop have not finished cooking
Putting it all together
In individual bowls, scoop some cooked quinoa into the bottom of the bowl, top with the Korean Style Ground Beef, the roasted bok choy and some grated carrot Sprinkle sesame seeds over top
Loved this recipe! Let me know if you do too in the comments & remember to give me a follow so you can get my recipes right in your email! Thanks !!