I posted this recipe in 2018 for the first time. Moist & tender, this apple cake is very good. A perfect dessert for any day during the week of Passover
My sister Edith makes this cake every year & I got the recipe from her. I do not know where she got it from, a friend maybe so I can not give credit to the author of the recipe.
The original recipe is baked in a 8×8 pan. I doubled the recipe so I could make it in a springform pan. It is an excellent cake & we are always happy to eat it during the week of Passover .
Here is the recipe
Ingredients. ( the amount of ingredients listed is for a springform pan)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cups oil
1 1/2 cups cake meal
5 apples, peeled & sliced
Topping Note: I did not increase the amount of topping for the bigger recipe
1/3 cup chipped walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a springform pan
- Beat the eggs with the sugar & oil until the mixture is nice & light
- Add the cake meal & mix well
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared springform pan
- Now put 1/2 of the sliced apples evenly on the batter. keep them as flat as you can
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the apples
- Put the balance of the sliced apples evenly on top of the last layer of batter. Set aside
- Make the topping: Mix the chopped nuts, sugar & cinnamon together
- Sprinkle the topping evenly all over the apples
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours
- Let cool on a cooking rack. Run a knife along the edge of the pan to remove the collar of the pan…
One thought on “Edith’s Passover Apple Cake”
This looks so moist and delicious!
You must log in to post a comment.