I just love this Magic Cookie Bars. They hit all the spots for me.. graham wafer crust, coconut, pecans or walnuts, chocolate chips … Baked into a delicious treat!
- I got the dates backwards in that little video I made for Tik Tok! Don’t think anyone on the app minded since I have gotten over 500 views!
I use the standard recipe from Eagle Brand but I made a couple changes… I make this in a square 9×9 pan so they are thicker. The recipe says to pour the condensed milk over the graham wafer crumbs then layer the other ingredients but when I was shown this recipe in the early 80’s my friend poured the condensed milk over all of the ingredients & that is how I do it!
This is simple to make & very popular! NO mixer required! Make this your own by changing the type of nuts you use & if you don’t like coconut omit it! They will still be delish!
I will give you the recipe as I make it but if you want to check out the original recipe here is the link
You can use pecans or walnuts in this recipe, whichever you prefer. I always have coconut in the house so I use whatever I have.. there are several choices of coconut .. use sweetened flaked coconut.
Here is the recipe
2 cups graham wafter crumbs
3/4 cup melted butter
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup chopped pecans ( or walnuts)
1 can condensed milk
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a square baking dish
- Combine the graham wafer squares & the butter then press them evenly & firmly into the prepared pan
- Put the coconut evenly over the crumgs
- Chocolate Chips over the coconut
- Pecans go over the chocolate chips
- Pour the condensed milk evenly over the pecans
- Bake in the preheated oven until nicely browned approx 25-30 minutes
- Let cool completely before slicing *** I slice them and then freeze them with a bit of space between each square or in paper muffin cup liners so I can take out as much as we want to eat whenever we want!
One thought on “Magic Cookie Bars”
Looks like quite a treat!
You must log in to post a comment.