I noticed lots of buzz about Pumpkin Crisp… so of course I decided to give it a try!
The recipe is from delish.com. I make several of their recipes & am happy with how they turn out!!
This Pumpkin Crisp was a bit sweet for me but Murray loved it! My daughter & her husband also really liked it.
The recipe is made in an oven proof skillet but I divided the recipe in half & baked it in 2 aluminum pans so I could give my kids one. Next time I make this i willjust make it in a deep dish pie pan.
The topping has pecans in it, but if nuts aren’t your thing, just omit them. And another substitution if you need it… if you do not have pumpkin spice you can make your own mix at home ..I will put the recipe for the pumpkin pie spice in the recipe…
Also… the recipe calls for heavy cream , but I wanted to make this parve…non-dairy… so I used coconut milk. It worked great.
Here is the recipe with my changes
1 cup sugar
2 cups of pumpkin purée
2/3 cup coconut milk
2 tsp pumpkin spice or use 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & 1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp kosher salt *** i you don’t have kosher salt… just use table salt!
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c brown sugar
pinch of salt
3/4 c oil
1 c chopped pecans..optional
Preheat oven to 375f
Grease the baking dish
- Whisk the eggs & sugar together until very smooth
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, vanilla, pumpkin puree, spices & salt
- Whisk until this is very smooth
- Pour mixture into your baking dish
- Make the topping… Using oil in this topping allows you to just use a bowl & a fork or your fingers to quickly mix this together…. Combine the flour, brown sugar…breakiWeng up any lumps,,, add the salt… mix to combine these ingredients…. add the oil & mix to combine… add the nuts if using & mix. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling… I gently pressed it down a bit….
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is brown… about 45 min… I found it hard to tell if the filling was set…but I baked it until it looked nicely browned’
Serve alone or with a coconut whip if you want to keep this dish parve. Otherwise, ice cream is great with ir or regular whipped cream
2 thoughts on “Pumpkin Crisp – Parve/Non-Dairy”
Looks delicious but you are
Missing pumpkin in the ingredients!
Well that’s hilarious!! I only read that over and over before posting!!! Thanks I will fix it!!
You must log in to post a comment.