I have made another Sprinkle Cookie recipe before but I prefer this one!
This cookie tastes slightly of lemon, it is soft & melty in your mouth while the sprinkles are crunchy & delicious! Simple to make, I don’t think I will ever make another sprinkle cookie! If I had a bakery, this recipe would be the one I would make to sell! Can you tell I love this cookie????
The recipe is from SAUVER.com SPRINKLE COOKIES
I wanted to take some cookies with me when I went to visit my grandkids…& my daughter Jacki found this recipe,,, Thanks Jacki!!!
NOTE: I made the cookies again without adding any lemon & they are really good too,, so if you do not like lemon then just omit it…
The cookies in the picture were made with 1 tbsp of cookie dough… I have made it with 2 tbsp & they are quite big & made 24 cookies… so you just have to watch the the baking ..it will depend on the size of the cookies!
*** this recipe would be easy to adapt it to make it non-dairy… parve, just substitute the butter for parve margarine
Here is the recipe
For The Cookie
1 1/2 cups flour & some extra to use when you flatten the cookies before baking
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (12 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened *** my butter was not softened so I grated it into the mixing bowl *** or use parve margarine
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
zest of 1/2 lemon *** once a lemon is zested it does not seem to last long so I always zest the lemon then squeeze it & save the juice for a few days..& make a salad dressing with it!
1 egg white, slightly beaten
sprinkles….recipe called for 1/2 cup but I had to add more…
*** The cookie dough chills in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking so while the cookies are chilling, you will preheat the oven to 375f
Line baking sheets with parchment paper..I used 2
- Combine the flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl with a whisk or fork & set aside
- Put the softened butter & sugar into a mixing bowl & beat until fluffy & pale, scrape down the sides & bottom of the bowl often
- Add the vanilla, egg & lemon zest ( optional) , beat this until it is smooth
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture & mix well
- To form the cookies….use 2 tbsp… if you want smaller cookies, use a 1 tbsp…. of cookie dough & make this into a ball
- Put the cookie portions onto the prepared cookie sheet with lots of space in-between each cookie..about 2 inches…
- Lightly flour the bottom of a 1/4 cup measuring cup & press the cookie into a flat disc
- Place the cookie sheets into the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes
- While the cookies are chilling, turn your oven on to 375f to preheat it
- Put the sprinkles into a dish that you can fit a cookie into, you will be dipping the bottom of the cookie into the sprinkles
- When the cookies have chilled long enough, brush one side of them with some of the beaten egg white & dip into the sprinkles…press enough so the sprinkles stick to the cookie but don’t press too hard to change the shape of the cookie
- Put the dipped cookie onto the prepared baking dish…sprinkle side up
- Bake the prepared cookies for about 10=15 minutes until the bottoms are slightly brown
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet onto a cooling rack & let cool before eating…its hard to wait…