I wanted to make some Rice Krispy squares for my niece’s birthday party & decided to make them with Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme.
I looked online to see how to substitute the Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme for regular marshmallows so the ratio would be good & the squares would be tasty. It wasn’t easy. I did find a recipe & made that one, but it did not seem to be enough “marshmallow” so I added more. This worked & the squares stuck together nicely & were tasty. I have to say that I preferred using the marshmallow creme to useing regular marshmallows….
My niece wanted me to add M & M’s so I did! I actually didn’t know whether to use M & M’s or Smarties…but I remembered that M & M’s don’t melt in your hand so I thought they might hold up better when hot marshmallow was poured onto them! Some of them crushed a bit which spread out the chocolate which was very yummy!
Here is the recipe
7 – 8 cups of Rice Krispies *** amount depends on if you like your rice krispy squares gooey or dry. I used 7 cups because I like them gooey
1/2 cup of butter *** to make these vegan or parve, substitute the butter for an appropriate margarine
2 798 g jars of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme *** Note…this marshmallow creme is vegan/pareve & kosher…it does not have any gelatine in it
1 cup M & M’s , optional
9 x 13 pan, grease the pan, I use butter but if you want this to be dairy-free use any suitable margarine
- Put the Rice Krispies in a large bowl
- Add M & M’s to the Rice Krispies if using & toss them together to disperse the M&M’s
- throughout the cereal
- Melt the butter in a large enough saucepan that can hold the marshmallow creme
- Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallow creme & stirring constantly until it is well combined and the marshmallow creme is smooth & is not lumpy
- Add the marshmallow mixture to the rice krispies & mix well
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared 9×13 pan & spread it out evenly. ***I used a spatula then my hands when the pan was covered
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap & once the wrap is on I made sure that the rice krispy mixture was evenly spread out by pressing down on the wrap….
- Cut into any size pieces you want!