I always wonder what to make for dinner….sometimes an idea omes to me right away, or inspired by a walk through a grocery store which is what happened here. I saw some corn tortillas & bought them…so now I had to decide what to put in them! I mentioned it them to my friend & she said “make fajita” so I did!
I had a pkg of 4 chicken breast halves which I baked, seasoned with some chilli powder, salt & pepper, this would go nicely in those flour tortillas.. luckily I had some peppers in the fridge, a bunch of condiments that would work & an onion & an avocado too!
It all came together nicely… really delish!
This is how I made the fajita, it isn’t really a recipe since I did not measure the seasonings etc but you can season the chicken & the peppers to your taste. You can adjust the amount of ingredients to how many people will be eating…we had leftovers for the next day, so I would say that this amount of ingredients are for approximately 4 people.
4 chicken breast halves
salt & pepper
any spices you might like to use on the chicken
2 peppers, any colour you like… I used red & yellow
1 lime, juice this lime
Condiments of your choice…salsa, hot sauce, cilantro (optional of course..if you like it..use it! if not don’t :))
- Season the chicken breasts with some chilli powder, salt & pepper, etc & rub a bit of oil on them, put them in a baking dish, then bake them at 350f until they are cooked
- Meanwhile, seed & slice the peppers ..set aside
- Thinly slice the onion, set aside
- Take a skillet & put some oil in it..you don’t need too much & heat the oil
- Add the sliced peppers & onions to the hot skillet & saute until tender & set aside or you can put them right into a serving dish
- Mash the avocado & put some lime juice in & some salt, mix well & put into a bowl
- When the chicken breasts are cooked, slice them & put them onto a serving dish
- Now, you can set up a fajita ‘bar’…put the chicken. peppers/onions & mashed avocado out, the tortillas onto a plate & have any condiments that you want to use out as well
- Now, everyone can make their own fajita!
- Note: if the tortillas are stiff, you can warm them in a frying pan or I just microwave them for a few seconds on a plate to soften them
4 thoughts on “A Quick Fajita Dinner”
I really like how colourful the fajitas are!
Thanks!! They were pretty tasty too!
Nice and tasty recipe
You must log in to post a comment.