A delicious recipe that reminds me of one of our favourite recipes…Adobe ChickenThe chicken is cooked on the stove in a sauce so it is very simple to make & total time is less than an hour from start to finish.
The recipe comes from The Food Network, courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp.
We really like chicken thighs so I am always on the lookout for recipes. And…we like Asian flavours so this recipe was just what I was looking for the other night for dinner.
I sautéed some broccoli, mushrooms & peppers, cooked up some rice & dinner was ready! Oh, and I sprinkled sesame seeds on the chicken..makes it look nice!
Here is the recipe *** I made 1/2 the recipe…so I am going to give you the ingredients for how I made the chicken. I used 8 chicken thighs so we had 2 meals for 2 of us….You can double the recipe if you want to make more
8 chicken thighs, bone-in
2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup mirin or seasoned rice vinegar
2 tsp crushed garlic…oil use 4 cloves of crushed garlic if you like a lot of garlic
2 heaping tsp ginger from a jar, or… one 4 inch piece of ginger smashed
1 tsp pepper
5 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 5 tbsp water…. *** I add more cornstarch & water since I wanted the liquid to be thicker.. then I had some lumps…so I had to put the liquid through a sieve to get the lumps out!
Sesame seeds for garnish
Thinly sliced green onions for garnish *** I did not use the green onions
- Put the chicken thighs, chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger & pepper into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot & then lower the heat & simmer for about 30 – 35 minutes. Turn the chicken throughout the cooking time a couple of times. Test the chicken to make sure if is cooked completely or cook it longer.
- Remove the chicken from the pot & put onto a serving platter & set aside
- You can strain the liquid if you want to remove the pieces of garlic & ginger, but I did not do this.
- Cook the liquid to reduce it for about 10 minutes
- Now, add the cornstarch mixture & bring to a boil
- Put the cooked chicken back into the pot & coat all the pieces with the sauce
- Serve with the sauce, sesame seeds sprinkled on top & green onions if you want to use them!
I served this with sautéed vegetables & rice
2 thoughts on “Shoyu Chicken with Chicken Thighs”
Great recipe :).and I love seeds on top. Very good idea!
[…] Shoyu Chicken […]
You must log in to post a comment.