Here is a recipe for 2 types of chicken wings..one hot, not too hot, & one sweet…not too sweet…so easy for anyone to enjoy!
The recipe for the hot wings is from epicurious & the sweet wings is a recipe from my my aunt….though I remember hers tasting differently…but Seth says they are good so I decided to share the recipe with you even though they are different!!!
I do not usually make wings…but I know Murray enjoys wings so I gave it a go. He can munch on them tomorrow while he watches the football game…
Note that the original recipe for the hot sauce called for butter, but I used Becel Vegan Margarine
Here is the recipe
14 whole wings / 28 halves ***but you can make as much as you like of course just adjust the sauce.etc…
1/4 cup flour
salt & pepper
For the Sweet sauce
1 egg yolk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c honey
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp soya souce
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
For the Hot sauce
6 tbsp vegan margarine
1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
Line a large baking sheet with foil so that the baking sheet is completely covered..this saves your sheet from getting really dirty!
- Season the wings with salt & pepper & put them into a large bowl
- Toss the wings with the flour, making sure to coat all of the wings
- Place the wings beside each other in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet
- Cook in a 400f oven for 45-50 minutes until they are crispy & cooked
- While the wings are cooking make the sauces
- Mix the ingredients for the sweet sauce in a bowl & set aside
- In a small saucepan heat the margarine, sriracha sauce & vinegar & bring to a boil & set aside
- Check on the wings & if they are finished cooking take them out of the oven.
- Now, divide the wings & put the sweet sauce on some & pop them back in the oven at 400f for 30 min
- Put the hot sauce on the other wings & put them back in the oven as well
- Watch that they don’t burn but they needed the 30 minutes…
- Take them out of the oven when completely cooked….