Another one of my mother-in-laws delicious recipes. We ate this a lot when we lived near Murray’s parents & whenever we went to visit. Quick & really simple. You just put the sauce on the chicken, put it in the oven, baste a few times while it is cooking & then enjoy it!
This time I cooked the chicken uncovered but I think this needs to be cooked covered for a while & then uncovered to let the chicken brown.
We usually eat this with rice to soak up all of the delicious pan drippings…yum! But you can eat it with any side dished you prefer. You can double this recipe easily to make it for a crowd! In the picture you will see we ate it with somehomemade potato Kreplach & roasted broccoli…
Here is the recipe
1 3 lb chicken cut up or any type of chicken that is the same amount so you can use boneless chicken etc.. whatever your preference is
salt & pepper
1 onion, sliced or cut up…your preference here
1 12 oz bottle of Heinz chili sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp white vinegar
- Season your chicken with salt & pepper
- Put the cup-up onion in the bottom of a roasting pan that is big enough so that the chicken can be in a single layer in the pan
- Put the seasoned chicken on top of the cut up onions in the roasting pan
- In a 4 cup measure or large bowl, mix the chili sauce, water & vinegar together
- Pour over the chicken
- Cover the chicken & cook for 1 hour at 350f *** I cooked my chicken uncovered the whole time so either way is actually fine
- Uncover the chicken & continue cooking until it is done, I like my chicken nice & brown so it will need at least another hour. \
- Baste the chicken often with the pan juices while the chicken is cooking.