Another one of my mother-in-laws’ delicious recipes, Oven BBQ Chicken! We ate this often when we lived near Murray’s parents & whenever we went to visit.
Just a few of simple ingredients mixed together, poured over the chicken, baked & voila! Oven BBQ Chicken You have a really great dinner..
We usually eat this with rice to soak up all of the delicious pan drippings…yum! But you can eat it with any side dishe you prefer. \You can double this recipe easily to make it for a crowd!
Here is the recipe
1 3 lb chicken,cut up or any type of chicken that is the same amount…you can use boneless chicken etc.. whatever your preference is
salt & pepper
1 onion, sliced or cut up…your preference here
1 12 oz bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp white vinegar
- Put the cup-up onion in the bottom of a roasting pan that is big enough so that the chicken can be in a single layer in the pan
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper
- Put the seasoned chicken on top of the cut up onions in the roasting pan
- In a 4 cup measure or large bowl, mix the Heinz Chili Sauce, water & vinegar together with a whisk
- Pour the sauce over the chicken
- Cover the chicken & cook for 1 hour at 350f
- Uncover the chicken & continue cooking until it is done, I like my chicken nice & brown so it will need at least another hour.
- Baste the chicken often with the pan juices while the chicken is cooking.