I just downloaded an app for Oh She Glows on my iPhone & the first recipe I decided to make was for a Quinoa Salad. My friend has the Oh She Glows cookbook. I saw the cookbook on the counter at her house & glanced through it. It looked good so when I saw that there was an app available for just a few dollars, I decided to get it & I was not disappointed. The app looks good, easy to use & the pictures look really nice.
I didn’t have the same ingredients that were called for in the original recipe, so I used what I had in the refrigerator & cupboard, but made the dressing as the recipe said. With any salad, I think it is the combination of ingredients & the dressing of course that make or break the salad. I have lots of salad dressings I like to use, but decided to try this one. It turned out really well so I thought I would share it with you.
So this recipe I have here is inspired by & adapted from the Quinoa Salad with Garlic-Dijon Vinaigrette from Oh See Glows
Here is the recipe
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp maple syrup
1 cup quinoa
1 red pepper
1 cup of grated carrots
1 zucchini, cut into small pieces
1 cup baby spinach
1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a jar with a lid, shake well to combine ingredients & set aside
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package of quinoa…basically, put the 1 cup of quinoa in a saucepan ( rinse if the instructions say to), add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil & reduce the heat to medium/low & cook covered to about 12-15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Let sit covered for a few minutes & then let cool
- While the quinoa is cooking you can prepare the vegetables…grate the carrots… cut up the zucchini, thinly slice the spinach Set the vegetables aside
- Drain the chickpeas & set aside
- Put the pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds into a ungreased skillet & toast them …watch closely as they get brown very fast! Set aside to cool a bit
- OK….. so now lets put this all together
- Put the cooked quinoa into a bowl
- Add all the vegetables, chickpeas & toasted seeds to the quinoa
- Pour on the dressing & mix together
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- You can serve this with slices of avocado….
4 thoughts on “Vegetable Quinoa Salad”
Yum, I bet I could eat the entire bowl.
Simply delicious and colorful 🙂
Looks so delicious..So healthy !!
It looks so yumm! Have you tried to do quinoa balls? They are really good as well!
You must log in to post a comment.