This Ground Beef Taco recipe makes a delicious quick dinner! No-fuss, one pan & easy to make!
The recipe is from BonAppetit.com…. here is the link to the original recipe… I changed it a bit but not too much.
It is a really simple recipe. Some diced onions are sautéed…some spices are added, then ground beef…cooked until done… some tomatoes, black beans & corn…. almost a chilli but not quite!
My local Italian store has some really nice tortillas..this time I used small corn & wheat ones.
Top these tacos with some avocado & we used hot sauce & salsa!
Easily adapted to your taste..if you don’t want to add black beans..use kidney beans instead. or just leave the beans out if you do not like beans! I love the corn in this recipe, corn adds a nice sweet flavour here.
You can always top these with shredded cheddar cheese if you want or even replace the ground beef with vegan ground round!
Here is the recipe
1 – 2 tbsp oil
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
red pepper flakes… I just put a shake of the jar in…use a s much as you like depending on how ‘hot’ you like your food! you can always spice this up by adding hot sauce when serving
salt & pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 pound of ground beef
1 can of black beans…15 oz can , rinsed
12 cherry tomato..or more i you like, cut in quarters
1 cup of frozen corn… you can thaw this but I did not, I just added the frozen corn & cooked it long enough so that it was not frozen any more!
1/2 cup water
12 small tortillas
1 avocado, finely chopped or mashed if you prefer
chopped cilantro if you like it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Add the chopped onions & cook until lightly browned
- Add the garlic, cook for a minute or so
- Now, add the red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, chilli powder, cumin & paprika. Mix well
- Add the ground beef breaking up any lumps. mix it well with the other ingredients so that all of the meat is coated with the spices/onion mixture
- Cook until the beef is completely cooked
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, corn & water. Mix to combine all of the ingredients
- Stir often & simmer until the tomatoes are soft, the corn is defrosted & the water has reduced down
- I removed the meat mixture to a bowl & wiped out the skillet, then I warmed up the tortllas in the skillet before serving them
- Top the tortilla with some meat mixture, avocado, salsa etc…