Pretty quick & delicious … I am sure this recipe is adaptable to personal taste pretty easily
The recipe is from BonAppetit.com…. here is the link to the original recipe… I changed it a bit but not too much.
Some diced onions are sautéed…some spices are added, then ground beef…cooked until done… some tomatoes, black beans & corn…. almost a chilli but not quite!
My local Italian store has some really nice tortillas..this time I used small corn & wheat ones.
Top these tacos with some avocado & we used hot sauce & salsa!
Easily adapted to your taste..if you don’t want to add black beans..use kidney beans instead. out just leave the beans out..oh…& the corn used is frozen niblets… I like to have them in the freezer so I didn’t even have to go get any…
Here is the recipe
1 – 2 tbsp oil
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
red pepper flakes… I just put a shake of the jar in…use a s much as you like depending on how ‘hot’ you like your food! you can always spice this up by adding hot sauce when serving
salt & pepper
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1 pound of ground beef
1 can of black beans…15 oz can , rinsed
12 cherry tomato..or more i you like, cut in quarters
1 cup of frozen corn… you can thaw this but I did not, I just added the frozen corn & cooked it ling enough so that it was not frozen any more!
1/2 cup water
12 small tortillas
1 avocado, finely chopped or mashed if you prefer
chopped cilantro if you like it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Add the chopped onions & cook until lighty browned
- Add thegarlic, cook for a minute or so
- Now, add the red pepper flakes, salt & pepper chilli powder, cumin & paprika. Mic well
- Add the ground beef breaking up any lumps. mix it well with the other ingredients so that all of the meat is coated with the spices/onion mixture
- Cook until teh beef is completely cooked
- Add the black beans, tomatoes, corn & water. Mix to vcombine all of the ingredients
- Stir often & simmer utnil the tomatoes are soft & the corn is defroasted & the water has reduced down
- I removed the meat mixture to a bowl & wiped out the skillet, then I warmed upt he torillas in the skillet before serving them
- Top the tortilla with some meat mixture, avacado, salsa etc…