Such a quick dinner! This is vegetarian but you can always add cooked diced chicken to this if you want!Continue reading “Vegetarian Rice & Bean Burrito”
I love fish tacos! They are so easy & quick to make at home & any fish can be used which makes this dish so versatile! You can even use a frozen breaded fish fillet if you want to! I have been known to do that when I can’t find any fresh fish that I want to have!
This recipe makes 6 fish tacos but it is very easy to adapt to any number of tacos that you want to make!
Here is the recipe!
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup Cornflake crumbs
1 tbsp Chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
6 fish fillets ***you can use any fish you like
1/4 of a head of lettuce, thinly sliced
1 tomato chopped
1 avocado , mashed
1 lime, cut into wedges
Fresh corn tortillas
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup mayo
1. Mix the flour, Cornflake crumbs & chili powder together in a flat bowl or pie plate wide enough so you can coat the fish in it
2 Heat some oil in a frying pan, if non-stick you don’t need much oil, if it is a stainless steel frying pan you will need more oil. You need enough so that the fish cooks nicely
3. Coat the fish with the flour/crumb mixture. Cook in the frying pan until one side is brown then gently turn the fish over. It will most likely fall apart, but this is ok since it is going to used in a taco.. continue cooking all the filets until completely cooked through. This does not take long since they are so thin.
4. Have all of the toppings, the lettuce, tomatoe, avacado, salsa, in serving dishes so that when you are ready to put your tacos together everything is right there
5. In a small bowl, mix the chilli sauce & the mayo togehter
6. Wipe out the frying pan or using a clean one, warm the tortillas up according to the instructions on the pkg. The ones I used just called for them to be warmed on each side for a few seconds in a dry pan until soft
Now put it all together!
Lay the tortilla on a plate. This is the order that I layered the ingredients
*spread some avacado on it
*put some fresh lime juice on top
Have some serviettes ready!!! This is drippy!!
I saw this recipe for a lentil soup with tumeric & coconut milk on Facebook the other day. One of my friends posted it.