I love ice cream cake… I love Baileys Irish Cream… so lets combine them…
This is super simple ice cream cake! I used store bought dessert sponge cakes, Oreo cookie crumbs, ice cream & Baileys Irish Cream. The ingredients are super easy to find. If you do not have Baileys you could use Kahlua instead, either will be great.
Soften your ice cream, then you are going to layer all of the ingredients in a loaf pan. Everyone loved this dessert!
Here is the recipe
Ingredients The measurements are here but you can adjust the amount of cookie crumbs you use… if you need more than a cup go for it!!!
1 pkg of 6 dessert sponge cakes..or any cake you have
1 1.5 L softened coffee ice cream… you will not use it all
1/2 cup Baileys Irish Creme
1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap lengthwise with at least 4 inches overhang… & then again widthwise. You are going to use this plastic wrap to lift the ice cream cake out of the pan to put on a serving dish…. ( I forgot it this time)
- Put 2 mini cakes into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan
- Pour 1/3 of the Baileys Irish Cream over the cakes… remember you have to use this 2 more times
- Scoop approximately 8 huge heaping tablepoonsof softened ice cream onto the cakes & spread evenly across them
- Sprinkle 1/3 of a cup of the Oreo cookie crumbs over the ice cream
- Next layer… another 2 cakes..this time break them up a bit to cover the last layer
- Pour some Baileys on the cake
- Again put about 8 heaping tablespoons of ice cream on the cakes
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cookie crumbs
- Repeat again ending with cookie crumbs
- Cover with plastic wrap & put in the freezer until firm.. at least 2 hours .i usually make this the day before I want to serve it, then keep any leftovers covered for snacking anytime!