I was at Bulk Barn & bought some crushed candy canes! I resisted just eating them & tried to think of what I could make with them! I love making chocolate bark, usually with nuts but this Chocolate Peppermint Bark is now going to be a regular treat around here!
ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS !!!
This Chocolate Peppermint Bark only has 2 ingredients! Chocolate is melted then add some reserved chocolate chips. Some of the crushed candy canes are added to the chocolate.. then this is spread evenly on a lined baking sheet. The remaining crushed candy canes are spread evenly over the chocolate & the gently pressed down. You have to let the Chocolate Peppermint Bark set which honestly is the hardest part of this recipe! You can cut this or break it up after it has hardened in the fridge. This lasts for a long time if you don’t eat all of it right away!
So simple to make & really delicious… it is flexible…use the type of chocolate you want. I had some semi-sweet chocolate chips in the pantry so I just used those…you could use white chocolate too if you like!
Here is the recipe
4 cups of chocolate chips…divided into 3 cups with 1 cup set aside
2 cups of crushed candy canes… 1 cup goes into the bark & the other cup is sprinkled on top! *** if you can not find crushed candy canes you can crush them yourself! put candy canes into a zip loc bag and use a rolling pin to smash them !!!
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Use a microwave safe bowl & melt 3 cups of the chocolate chips…keep one cup aside to add to the melted chocolate. On medium strength, melt for 2 minutes then stir… put it back in the microwave for 1 -2 minutes until melted..
- Add the 1 cup of chocolate chips to the melted chocolate & stir until they are melted
- Now, add 1 cup of crushed candy canes & mix well so they are all coated with the chocolate
- Put the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet & using an offset spatula if you have one or a butter knife or a spatula will work too, spread the mixture evenly all over the baking sheet
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of crushed candy canes all over the top of the melted chocolate mixture & kind of press them in a bit
- Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator to harden for 30 minutes
- When the bark is hard, break the bark into pieces…any size or shape you like
- Store in a container or zip loc bag but do not let this get warm or it will stick together!
One thought on “Chocolate Peppermint Bark”
[…] Chocolate Peppermint Bark — Marilyn Dishes […]
You must log in to post a comment.