Why is it that we usually only eat pumpkin foods in the fall? I suppose that pumpkins go along with Halloween & the spices in pumpkin baked goods are “fall” flavours.
This pumpkin muffin recipe is quick to make & most of the ingredients might already be in your cupboard…you would only have to go get a can of pumpkin puree from the grocery store, unless you already have one! I bought 2 cans last time I was grocery shopping in anticipation for these muffins & the Pumpkin Walnut Cake
I have made these pumpkin muffins with raisins but you can leave the raisins out if you don’t like raisins, These Pumpkin Muffins are non-dairy, made with oil instead of butter. They are most & delicious.
The recipe makes 24 regular size muffins.
Here is the recipe
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 can ( 398 ml) pumpkin puree
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
pinch of nutmeg…(1/8 tsp)
1 cup raisins *** optional
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds *** optional
*** you could add walnuts if you want…but chop them finely …& i would add about 1/4 – 1/2 cup
Turbinado sugar or brown sugar to sprinkle on top os the muffins before baking
Preheat the oven to 375f
grease or line muffins pans..this recipe makes 24 muffins….
You can mix this recipe by hand very easily in one bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar & oil together
- Add the 4 beaten eggs, mix together until well combined
- Now add the pumpkin pure & mix well
- Measure your flour into a bowl & add the baking powder & baking soda to the flour & mix it through with a fork just to incorporate the baking powder & baking soda throughout the flour
- Now, dump the flour into the bowl that has the pumpkin mixture in
- Add the raisins on top of the flout & the pumpkin seeds…I kind of mixed the raisins & pumpkin seeds into the four to coat them with flour. Alternately, you can add the raisins & seeds to the flour in the bowl, stir them in & then add this to the wet ingredients….
- Add the spices on top of the flour,…or add them to the flour with the raisins & seeds….
- Mix all of this together… but just until combined..do not over mix a muffin batter as this can make your muffins heavy
- *** I hope I did not confuse you with the different ways of adding the raisins, seeds & spices… it is best to add them to the flour when the flour is in a separate bowl…then add all of the dry ingredients to the wet..I just didn’t do that so the pictures show everything added to the wet separately…. it all works out in the end
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the greased muffin cups…
- Sprinkle the tops with some turbinado sugar or brown sugar
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes
- Let cool before eating