I went to our local Farmers Market & picked up some zucchini soI had to make this Zucchini Bread! This is the recipe for Smitten Kitchen’s Zucchini Bread & needless to say it is delicious!
I love Zucchini bread and this one has now become my favorite! The ease of mixing this by hand & in one bowl really appeals to me! The batter fits perfectly in a bread loaf pan and came out nicely domed on top with a lovey crack down the middle. Topped with turbinate sugar or raw sugar before baking gives this Zucchini Bread a wonderful crunch.
Another bonus for me about Smitten Kitchen’s Zucchini Bread is that this recipe is parve/non-dairy. I like to make non-diary cake recipes. I can serve them to anyone that might keep Kosher and are observant of the meat/dairy eating rules, so this Zucchini Bread is perfect.
I grated the zucchini in my food processor but if you use a grater be careful and make sure you don’t catch your fingers in the grater!
Here is the recipe .. you can find the recipe here as well on the Smitten Kitchen website
2 cups grated zucchini
2 large eggs
2/3 cup oil
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp tubinado sugar or raw sugar** for topping the batter *** if you do not have these sugars omit them or use white sugar
You need a well greased bread pan.,a 9×5 inch pan that holds 6 cups. You can line tie baking dish with parchment paper if you thin it will be difficult to remove the cake
- In a large bowl, combine the grated zucchini, the eggs, oil, brown sugar, white sugar.and vanilla. Mix well
- Whisk the flour, salt, nutmeg,. cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder together
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture & mix really well making sure that everything is really well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the turbinado or raw sugar
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until completely baked. You can test this with a cake tester making sure that it does out dry. The cake will crack on the top which is part of its beauty.
- Put the baking dish on a cooling rack & let it cool completely. Deb ( SmittenKitchen) says to leave the cake in the pan uncovered for 24 hours or overnight before removing and serving. The top is nice and crunchy! slice to serve
You must log in to post a comment.