If you like salmon, then grilled salmon in the summer is one of the best things ever! One of my favourite recipes is one that I adapted from Recipezaar from 2009.
The recipe is called Greatest Grilled Salmon Recipe Ever! credit to Recipezaar 2009 I changed the recipe of the marinade slightly, the original had a bit too much garlic for me & I made a few other changes, but my recipe here is based on the recipe from Recipezaar
I cut the original marinade recipe in half since I was only making 2 fillets. There was more marinade then I needed but it was easy to halve the recipe instead of trying to 1/4 it, so this amount would be good for 2- 4 filets of salmon. I baked this salmon dish in the oven…. my intention was to BBQ the salmon, but it was so windy out that it would have difficult to BBQ. It tasted just fine from the oven… I could also have made it in a cast-iron pan…that would also have been a good method to cook this fish as long as the skin was on it.
I found some beautiful wild salmon fillets at one of the grocery stores, so that is what I used.
If you are grilling your salmon really watch it so it does not get overcooked & dry!
This salmon pairs well with any side dishes. I served it with a green salad & rice.
Here is the recipe written for 2 fillets, you can increase the ingredients as needed if you are making more fish!
2 – 4 salmon fillets ( 4 oz each)
1/4 cup oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp green onions, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1 garlic clove, minced
- Put the salmon fillets into a container that will fit them and the marinade. I used a pie plate because I only made 2 fillets. You can use a big bowl or ziplock bag…you just want the marinade over all of the fillets. Set this aside
- Mix the oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, green onions, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, paprika, pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, sesame oil & garlic cloves together
- Pour this mixture, the marinade, over the fish & make sure that all of the fish is in the marinade & covered.
- Cover the container & put in the refrigerator for 2 – 24 hours
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade when you are ready to cook them.
- Place the salmon fillets on a grill & cook until done. Alternately, place the salmon fillets onto a lined baking sheet & roast in a 400f degree oven until done, approximately 12 – 15 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets