I first tasted these when my niece’s sister made them for a party & they are delicious!!
There recipe is from Betty Crocker Golden Grahams S’mores Recipe .
The ones I tasted were changed a bit & I have made these with Marshmallow fluff instead of marshmallows. We don’t like to eat regular marshmallows because of the gelatine in them, actually Murray doesn’t so I like to substitute marshmallows with a Kosher alternative. If you want to use marshmallows, check out the original recipe on at the Betty Crocker website.
These use Golden Graham cereal so I am not sure if that makes them ‘healthy’..haha but maybe?????
These are easy to make & since they made a large amount, I cut then into small pieces & thenI froze them. They defrosted really well & I have a feeling my daughter ate some right from the freezer!
Here is my recipe adapted from the original by Betty Crocker
331 g box of Golden Graham cereal
3 cups Marshmallow Fluff, or use Kraft Jet-Puffed
270 g pkg milk chocolate chips
3 tbsp butter
1 cup mini marshmallows, I used Kosher marshmallows here
you will need, a 9 x 13 pan, a saucepan, a silicone spatula & a really large bowl
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan…I used a pyrex pan & a cooking spray but you can use some butter.
- Put the whole box of Golden Grahams into the really large bowl
- I sprayed a 1 cup measuring cup before I measured the marshmallow fluff, this way it comes out of the measuring cup so much easier! You can use any size measuring cup you have .. since you need 3 cups
- Measure the 3 cups of fluff & put into a saucepan
- Add the chocolate chips & butter
- Using a very low heat..this is important since you do not want to burn the marshmallow.. combine the marshmallow, the chocolate chips & butter. Stir until the chocolate is melted & this is well combined. I used a silicone spatula to mix this
- Pour the melted Fluff mixture over the Golden Grahams
- Stir this all together using the spatula & when cool enough I used my hands to mix well
- Add the mini marshmallows when this is a bit cool so they don’t melt & mix them in
- Press firmly into the prepared pan
- Let cool for at least an hour then cut into squares…any size you want!