I am not sure about you but I love graham wafers, coconut, pecans & chocolate topped with mini marshmallows!
The recipe for these Rocky Road Bars is on the back of the Christie Honey Maid crumbs box! I find the recipes on the back of product boxes are usually great and this one did not disappoint.
Very easy to make, takes only a few minutes to layer the ingredients in the prepared pan, then it is popped into the oven to bake. I over-baked mine. Sadly my ovens are acting up and I baked this in the convection oven in my microwave. I baked it for the longest time suggested on the box but it was too long so the marshmallows are really brown! I am ok with it but next time I will only bake it for 25 minutes instead of 30 if I do it in the same oven. I have to get 2 new wall ovens and it is very hard to decide what to get!
Here is the recipe Thank you Christie company for this recipe *** I changed a thing or two
1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter *** the recipe calls for margarine but I prefer butter
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 1/2 chopped nuts, *** I used pecans
1 pkg. 300 gr chocolate chips. ***I didn’t measure .. I have a large bag of chocolate chips & just put what I thought was enough on
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Grease an 8×8 square pan, I used cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350f
- Mix the graham wafer crumbs & the melted butter together making sure that there are not any dry crumbs!
- Press evenly into the prepared pan
- Spread the coconut evenly over the crumbs
- Sprinkle the nuts over the coconut
- Now, spread the chocolate chips evenly over the coconut
- Next the marshmallows go on evenly over the chocolate chips
- Drizzle condensed milk all over the ingredients
- Put into the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes *** check after 25 minutes to see if they are done
- Remove from the oven & let cool before cutting them into squares