A very tasty quick salad that you can make your own by adding your favorite ingredients!
Depending on how many people will be eating this salad, you can adjust quantities! Easy to Make more or less.. you can just keep the salad dressing in the fridge to use for days after you have this salad!
If you do not like arugula use any green heat you like! The salad dressings wonderful on anything! I actually used it in a rice salad as well.. look for that blog post soon!
Here is the recipe for this salad
4 cups of arugula. washed and dried
2 mini cucumbers
1/2 cup currents or you can use dried cranberries or any fruit you want
1/2 cup sliced almonds , use any nuts you like or not!
1 apple. or pear is also good
juice of a lemon
4 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp dijon
a pinch pf kosher salt & some pepper
- put the arugula into a large bowl
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise then into pieces about 1/4 inch thick
- Add the currents & nuts
- Cut the apple in half, core it and thinly slice. Add to the bowl
- Make the dressing, I put all of the ingredients into a jar so that I can give it a good shake to mix it well, put the olive oil, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard, juice of a lemon, salt & pepper . Give this a good shake, taste and adjust the seasoning
- Add the salad dressing to the prepared salad , mix it tighter & serve!
This is delicious the next day as well thought the arugula gets a bit soggy but I like it!
You must log in to post a comment.