Supper can be easy & delicious! Vegan too!
No Idea what to make for dinner ? Me either ! I thought about tuna sandwiches .. no.. bbq hotdogs ? Well maybe but no .. and then I remembered a dinner Jacki had the other night but I didn’t really know how they made it but it figured it out
This is easy to adjust the ingredients . no butternut squash any squash will do or sweet potatoes .. no peas? Add any green .. frozen spinach or Kate .. the only thing about spinach is you have to cook it and drain it before adding it to the sauce as it will water it down!
I sprinkled on a few dried red chillies to make it spicier for Murray but I did not for myself! Option is yours!
Here is the recipe
2 tbsp oil
1 medium or 1/2 large onion , finely chopped
1-2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ginger powder or to taste
1 tbsp curry powder or to taste
1 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
1 cup red lentils
1 cup frozen peas
3 cups frozen and cooked butternut squash ( I microwaved the butternut according to the pot instructions)
1 can drained chick peas, drained & rinsed
1 can coconut milk
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan & salted the chopped onions for about 5-7 minutes on medium high heat, stir often to avoid sticking
- Add the garlic powder, ginger powder, curry powder. Stir
- Add the wate/vegetable broth & red lentils. Simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Add the frozen peas, cooked butternut squash & the can of drained chick peasStir & simmer for 10 minutes or so
- Add the coconut milk & sugar, salt & pepper to taste
- Mix & simmer for about 20 minutes or until it starts to thicken up. I had mine on low on the stove for over 45 min until we were ready to eat it!
- This is quite soupy… serve over rice or with some bread to soak up the delicious sauce!
You must log in to post a comment.