This chicken recipe is from Norene Gilletzs’ last cookbook
The cookbook is THE BRAIN BOOSTING DIET.. FEED YOUR MEMORY by NORENE GILLETZ and EDWARD WEIN, PhD
I did some recipe testing for Norene when she was writing this cookbook so I know that the recipe in it are great
Thename of the recipe is LEMON CHICKEN & VEGETABLE PACKETS on page 308. Cooked in a parchment paper package… with vegetables the chicken came out so tender! I happened to have a package of parchment cooking bags but you can make your own package if you have parchment paper
You can customize this recipe by using the vegetables that you have in your fridge! I used mushrooms, peppers & broccoli. The recipe called for 1 cup of chopped vegetables so use what you have!
Here is the recipe … the way that I made it … with 2 chicken breasts but you can increase the number you make
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt, pepper, paprika to taste
1 tbsp basil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups chopped vegetables.. I used mushrooms, orange peppers & broccoli
one baking sheet & parchment piece
- Marinade the chicken…. put the chickening a bowl. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, paprika. Rub each chicken breast with basil, lemon juice, olive oil. Let marinade for 30-30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 400f
- Cut out 2 large squares of parchment paper, big enough that you can fold over the chicken & vegetables & fold it up
- Place a chicken beast on each piece of parchment paper.. reserve the marinade
- Top with the chopped vegetables & sprinkle with the dried parsley
- Drizzle the reserved marinade over the vegetables
- Fold the edges of the parchment paper around the chicken/vegetables forming a package… close the edges by crimping them or folding them
- Place the packets onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked
- When ready to eat carefully open the package as there can be steam in there!
I served this with rice & asparagus