These sweet little cookies are easy to make & very pretty!
Coloured Blue for Chanukah but you could add any food colour to make these anyway you want!! You could use red ones & green ones for Christmas… Pink for Valentines Day or someones favourite colour for a special occasion! Gel food colour is used rather than the liquid food colours one gets at the grocery store …gel food colours are available on Amazon or I get mine at Michaels.
The recipe is from The Nosher Blue Crinkle Cookies Recipe for Hanukkah
Parve ( no dairy), tender & delicious… they are a good cookie to add to your recipe box@
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Blue gel food colour
1 cup sifted icing sugar for rolling your cookie dough in before baking
*** This cookie dough has to chill for 2 hours before forming into cookies & baking so you will preheat the oven about 1 1/2 hours after the cookie dough has been in the fridge
Line baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside
- Whisk the flour, baking powder & salt together in a bowl & set aside
- You can use your mixer for this or your food processor….
- Mix the sugar & oil together for about 2-3 minutes in a mixer, it will take less time in a food processor… until light & fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.. add vanilla & mix.
- Now, add the blue food colouring a small amount at a time, mixing after & see what the colour is.. add more if needed to get the desired colour. Scrape down sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the colour with the batter
- Gradually add the flour mixture & mix well until fully combined
- Put the dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap & form into a disc. Cover & refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350f
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl
- Form the cookie dough into 1 inch balls… I used a tbs cookie scoop.. roll in the icing sugar to heavily coat all sides of the cookie ball
- Place on the prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches apart as these cookies will spread
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 13-15 minutes
- Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes.. they will flatten a bit & firm up.
- Put cookies onto a cooking rack to finish cooling