This Chicken with Coconut Milk is super flavourful & really simple to prepare. Just a few ingredients & you will have a delicious dinner!
There are some ingredients in this chicken recipe that you might not have in your pantry … coconut milk, Thai red curry paste & Lemongrass Stir-in Paste. You can find these in most major grocery stores. I always like to keep these ingredients on hand because there are several recipes I make with them..here are a couple of my favourites
This Chicken with Coconut Milk recipe is from epicurious Coconut-Milk Braised Chicken
I have changed the original recipe slightly… using a a Lemongrass stir-in paste instead of using lemon grass stalks, which I have never used.
This recipe is very simple, serve it with rice & vegetables & you have a very delicious meal.
You can use any chicken pieces you want. The first time I made it I used legs & thighs attached. The next time I made it I used bone-in thighs only, so your choice!
Here is the recipe with my changes
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
2 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp minced garlic ( approx 4-6 cloves of garlic )
2 tbsp lemongrass stir-in paste
4 chicken thighs with lets attached or just thighs or any kind of chicken pieces you want …I used 4 thighs but there was enough sauce for at least 6
salt to season the chicken with
Preheat the oven to 400f
- In a 4 cup measuring cup or bowl, whisk the coconut milk, red curry paste, ginger powder, minced garlic & lemongrass paste together until well blended
- Put the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish that will fit the amount of chicken you are using laying flat in the dish
- Season the chicken lightly with some salt..not too much as the sauce is very flavourful so you won’t need much salt & you can always add some after!
- Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken pieces & put into the oven
- Cook for about an hour, basting the chicken often until the chicken is completely cooked… that is at 165f with an instant read thermometer. I like my chicken nice & brown so I always cook it longer then recipes tell me to… but make sure the chicken is cooked through