I just love Blueberry Pie & this Blueberry Galette is just as good…it is easy to make so you should make it soon!
The recipe is from Bon Appetit Blueberry-Pecan Galette
The crust is made with pecans, it is really easy to handle so even a novice pie maker can feel good about making this! The crust compliments the blueberry filling beautifully!
The crust is rolled out into a circle, the beautiful blueberry mixture is piled in the middle of the circle…the edges of the crust are turned up, sprinkled with some sugar & baked … it is delicious!!
Here is a link to my SHOP page! The links on this page are affiliate links.
This Blueberry Galette is a perfect dessert… add a bit of ice cream or whip cream too!
Here is the recipe
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup + 2 tbsp of flour
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter… ***the recipe calls for unsalted butter but if I don’t have that I use regular butter & leave out the salt
4 tbsp ice water
2 cups blueberries
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
flour to roll the dough on…..
sugar for sprinkling *** optional You can use coarse sugar here is you want….
2 tbsp any ‘milk’… almond..regular milk…soy *** this is just to brush on the crust so the sugar will stick, so use whatever you have *** optional
Preheat oven to 350f
Line a baking sheet with parchment
For the Crust
- Toast the pecans in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until they are fragrant, mix them around once.
- Remove from the oven & let them cool for a bit
- Put the cooled pecans into the bowl of your food processor & pulse them until they are like a coarse meal , you want them to be quite fine
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon & pulse to mix together
- Add the butter & pulse until mixed with a few pea size pieces of butter still
- Now you are going to add the ice water… you can put the dough mixture from the food processor bowl into a regular bowl & sprinkle the ice water over it, mixing now by hand until the dough comes together… if the dough is dry you might need to add another tablespoon of water… you can use the food processor still if you are careful not to over-mix this, add the water through the feed tube of your food processor while the machine is running & mix just until the dough starts to form a ball. Then turn the dough out on a slightly floured work surface , taking all the dough pieces that aren’t mixed in from the food processor bowl…bring the dough together a bit by hand…
- Pat the dough into a 6 inch disc, wrap in plastic wrap & chill for about 1 hour.
- The recipe says the dough can be made 3 days ahead…note that the dough will be hard when taking it out of the fridge after 3 days… so let it sit on the counter for a bit before rolling it out
Preheat the oven to 375 now to make the Galette
- Mix the filling ingredients together …. the blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice & sugar in a bowl
Putting it together
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 12 inch circle
- Mound the blueberry mixture in the centre leaving a 2 inch boarder of dough around them
- Fold the dough edges up around over some of the blueberries, overlapping as you go
- Optional….Brush the dough with whatever ‘milk’ you are using ^ sprinkle with some sugar
- Bake in the 375f preheated oven until the blueberries are bubbly & the crust is golden brown
- Let cool before serving