I have another Oatmeal Cookie recipe on this blog…but this is my favourite recipe. The cookies come out flat but not too flat… chewy & crispy around the edges…
If you like a domed cookie, check out my Mother-In-Laws recipe… Zeldas Oatmeal Cookies
But…if you like a flat cookie…try this recipe!
I have been making it for years.. It is from jQuaker Oats…the recipe is called Jamie Watt’s Favourite Oatmeal Cookies
I have tried to double this recipe & oddly it doesn’t always work out..which does not really make sense but whatever…now I just make the recipe as it is written!!
I have omitted the raisins sometimes this recipe & put in chocolate chips so that is an option if you prefer not have to raisins in your cookies! Murray likes raisins, my kids like chocolate chips… In the I have divided the dough in half before adding either..& one half gets raisins & the other half gets chocolate chips.. but now it is just Murray & I at home, so I put raisins in the whole recipe!
Here is the recipe from Quaker Oats
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup Oats…I used quick oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp water
1/2 cup raisins ( or chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 325f
Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream the sugar, brown sugar & butter together until combined
- Add the vanilla & the egg & mix until smooth
- Mix the flour & baking soda together, add the oats & salt…. then mix this into the butter mixture
- Add the water…mix
- Stir in the raisins or chocolate chips
- Use a 1 tsp scoop or a spoon & drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet leaving some space between them…
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light brown
- Let them sit on the baking sheet for a bit to harden up, then transfer them to a cooling rack
*** I did not take my usual pictures of these cookies, but it is pretty straight forward recipe!
You must log in to post a comment.