As usual…haha…this recipe is just written on a piece of paper & I have had it for over 30 years! I love going through my recipe binders & deciding to make some of the older recipes!
I used some low fat options to make this dip… the original recipe if for sour cream but I used non-fat greek yogurt… the cream cheese I used was low fat cream cheese. The dip is topped with lots of chopped up tomatoes, cucumbers & peppers.
This is easy to make, you can use a food processor to mix up or I bet even a blender if you don’t have a food processor
Here is the recipe *** I do not know the original source of this recipe
For the Dip
2 8 oz pkg of low fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
8 oz of feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove of fresh garlic minced
Toppings for the Dip
1 small tomato, finely chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 small cucumber..*** I used a 3-4 inch chunk of an english cucumber
1/2 red pepper…. I used red pepper but you can use any colour pepper you like
10-12 or more….Pitted chopped Kalamata olives
To serve you will need some mini pitas or pita chips
I put the dip into a pie plate because a shallow bowl works well here
- Combine all of the dip ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure all of the ingredients are well mixed
- Place the dip into the serving dish
- i combined the chopped tomato, green onion, cucumber & pepper together, then put them on top of the dip. Then I sprinkled on the chopped olives & I sprinkled a bit of dried parsley overtop but that isn’t necessary
- Store in fridge until ready to eat!
- Serve with mini pitas and or pita chips or crackers