I came up with this recipe one day & I am sure happy I did!! I love crispy roast potatoes, soft & sweet onions & tahini sauce…so what would be better than combining all 3???
This recipe is basically just roasted potatoes, sautéed onions. mixed together & then drizzled with a tahini sauce, not the raw tahini but a sauce made with tahini…Cook the sliced onions until they are super soft & beautifully browned while the potatoes are roasting…make the sauce…just mix up the ingredients in a jar & give it a good shake..then combine all three components!
I used Little Potatoes but you can use any potatoes you want… if the potatoes are big, cut them into chunks & roast them until they are nice & brown & crispy..
This combination is really delicious!
You can adjust this recipe according to how many people you are going to serve! This amount served 6 people as a side dish… If you are going to make more potatoes, you can add another onion & just add enough seasoned salt to nicely season the potatoes. & the tahini sauce can easily be doubled
Here in the recipe…
For the Potatoes
1 2 lb pkg of Little Potatoes or larger potatoes that you cut up
2 tbsp canola oil or any oil for high heat
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
oil to sauté the onions in
For the Tahini Sauce
1/4 cup tahini
2 tbsp water
juice of 1/2 lemon
pinch of salt
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, put them into a bowl & toss with the seasoned salt & oil…put the potatoes cut side down onto a baking sheet *** I just seasoned the potatoes right on the baking sheet & then drizzled the oil on & tossed it all with my hands…
- Roast the potatoes in a 400f oven until they are cooked…approx 30 minutes…I cook mine longer as I like them to be nice & brown
- Meanwhile, Slice the onions
- Heat some oil…maybe 2 tbsp …in a sauté pan or frying pan & when the oil is hot, add the onions & sauté them on a medium high heat..you want them to get soft & brown, not over cooked..the flavour is different if they get charred m if they do that’s ok…still good
- When the onions are done, turn off the heat…you will be adding the potatoes to these
- To make the tahini, mix all of the ingredients together & stir well. I always use a small jar & shake it really well.
- When the potatoes are finished, add them to the onions & mix everything together really well.
- You can turn the heat on to warm the onion & potaotes together
- Put the potatoes/onions onto a serving platter with the tahini sauce either drizzled on top of the potatoes/onions or serve on the side