On my last visit to Toronto, I met Amy Stopnicki who is the author of a beautiful cookbook..KOSHER taste. She was so nice & gave me a copy of the cookbook. This recipe is the first one I made & it is great!
She has given me permission to post her recipe.
We ate this chicken satay for dinner but it would also be good as an appetizer, or part of a buffet table
The chicken is marinated for about 30 minutes. The sauce that the chicken is marinated in is also used as the dipping sauce so once you mix it up, you divide the sauce & set some aside to use once the chicken is cooked
I threaded the chicken onto bamboo skewers to be true to the recipe for this post but you do not have to do that if you are eating this for dinner!!! Just make it without the skewers & if you want to serve it still as an appetizer I would cook the larger pieces of chicken so that the chicken does not dry out & then cut it up before serving!
Here is the recipe, courtesy of Amy Stopnicki
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken, white or dark meat
1/2 cup peanut butter…at room temperature *** or as noted in the forward to this recipe, you can use any nut butter if you don’t want to use peanut butter
1/4 cup honey *** tip…if you spray the measuring cup with one cooking spray, the honey will just slide out!
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp white vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
skewers *** if using
2 – 3 agree onions, sliced for garnish
Preheat oven to 350f
You will need a baking sheet… I lined mine with foil
- Slice chicken into 1 inch strips, set aside in a dish that you can mix the chicken with the marinade in
- Combine the peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, sriracha, rice & white vinegars, salt & pepper in a bowl & mix well. A whisk works well here
- Pour half of the marinade over the chicken pieces & set aside the remainder of the marinade..this will be your dipping sauce
- Mix the chicken pieces & the marinade so that all of the chicken has some marinade on it! Let this sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Skewer the chicken pieces & place on the baking sheet *** or if you aren’t using the skewers, just place the marinated pieces of chicken onto the baking sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until throughly cooked!
- Garnish with the sliced green onions & serve with the dipping sauce