I was at Bulk Barn & bought some crushed candy canes! I resisted just eating them & tried to think of what I could make with them!
And there is an office pot luck so I wanted to send something good!! I decided to make a chocolate bark using the crushed candy canes.
This bark only has 2 ingredients!
So simple to make & really delicious… it is flexible…use the type of chocolate you want. I had some semi-sweet chocolate chips in the pantry so I just used those…you could use white chocolate too if you like!
Here is the reicpe
4 cups of chocolate chips…divided into 3 cups with 1 cup set aside
2 cups of crushed candy canes… 1 cup goes into the bark & the other cup is sprinkled on top!
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Use a microwave safe bowl & melt 3 cups of the chocolate chips…keep one cup aside to add to the melted chocolate. Melt for 2 minutes then stir… put it back in the microwave for 1 -2 minutes until melted..
- Add the 1 cup of chocolate chips to the melted chocolate & stir until they are melted
- Now, add 1 cup of crushed candy canes & mix well so they are all coated with the chocolate
- Put the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet & using an offset spatula if you have one or a butter knife, spread the mixture evenly all over the baking sheet
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of crushed candy canes all over the top of the melted chocolate mixture & kind of press them in a bit
- Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator to harden for 30 minutes
- When the bark is hard, break the bark into pieces…any size or shape you like
- Store in a container or zip loc bag but do not let this get warm or it will stick together!
- Should keep for awhile if you can not eat it all right away!!!