This recipe is from Martha Stewart & it was very tasty! Nicely seasoned chicken sautéed & then served over cold rice noodles & vegetables!
This is very quick to make because most of the vegetables are sliced & served fresh… I sautéed a red pepper after cooking the chicken in the same pan. The noodles are soaked in hot water until soft… I used a potato starch noodle but you can use a rice noodle… or any instant noodle you prefer.
There is a marinade to make first, then the chicken is marinated for about 30 minutes or longer & you can prepare the rest of the ingredients while the chicken is marinating.
Here it the recipe I only added a sautéed pepper & changed the type of noodle I used from the original recipe.
For the Marinade/Dressing
4 green onions ( scallions), thinly sliced
1 tsp or 2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 soy sauce
1.2 rice vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
For the Chicken Bowl
1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 recipe of the marinade/dressing….
3 1/2 ounces of Asian rice noodles, or use whatever instant noodle you like
2 small or 1 english cucumber
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 red pepper
To garnish your bowl, you can have some bean sprouts, chopped peanuts & sliced green onion tops
Make the Marinade
- Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade/dressing together in a bowl & set aside
- Thinly slice the chicken
- Put the sliced chicken into a zip loc bag
- Add half of the prepared marinade/dressing to the chicken..reserving the rest of the dressing
- Seal the bag & move the chicken around to make sure that all of the chicken gets some marinade on it
- Set the chicken aside for 30 minutes, turning the bag periodically
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions & set aside
The Bowl Ingredients
- Peel the carrots & using the vegetable peeler, make them into ribbons…set aside
- Slice the cucumbers very thinly & set aside
- Tear or chop up the fresh basil & set this aside
- Slice the red pepper into thin strips *** I sautéed the pepper but you can have it fresh if you prefer
Cook the Chicken & Red Pepper
- Cook the chicken in a skillet with some oil in a couple batches until all of the chicken is cooked through…remove from the skillet
- Sauté the red pepper if you want to in the same pan as the chicken & set it aside
Put it all together
Layer the ingredients in a bowl …noodles, vegetables & chicken .. Spoon some of the reserved marinade/dressing on top….garnish as desired
You must log in to post a comment.