So… you have a bunch of celery in the refrigerator…you don’t really want to just eat it with peanut butter… or put it into a soup …I found a solution … a recipe for sautéed celery…& it is really good!
I left out a few ingredients from the recipe… the red onion & grated orange peel… I do not like the taste of orange peel & I did not have any red onions..& I did not use peanuts to garnish this…but it was very tasty even without those ingredients! Oh.. & I did not use any oil to sauté the celery..I used a non-stick skillet & added some water to cook the celery… just a splash
Super quick & simple to make…. adjust the seasonings if you want.. we added some salt
Check out the recipe at eatingwell.com…. Stir-Fried Celery with Peanuts if you want to see the original recipe with the ingredients I did not use!
Here is the recipe … adapted from eatingwell.com
1/3 cup orange juice… I juiced an orange
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1/2 tsp powdered garlic
Celery Saute Ingredients
1 bunch of celery … recipe calls for 4 cups
2 tbsp oil….I did not use oil…
*** if you do not want to use any oil…. have some water in a glass by the skillet so you can add it if the celery starts to stick!
a non-stick skillet
- Whisk the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, goner & garlic together in a bowl & set aside
- Cut the celery diagonally into pieces as big as you want.. I cut mine into about 2 inch pieces
- Heat the oil in a skillet if using..
- Add the celery & cook it until crisp tender … about 3 – 4 minutes or until the celery is cooked to your liking
- Add the sauce to the skillet, stir to mix & cook until the sauce thickens…this happened really fast so we added a bit of water to make the sauce a bit thinner & to make sure that the sauce was cooked