Murray is always happy to eat chicken wings & home-made ones are really good! Not fried & oven baked this recipe makes crispy spicy wings!
The recipe is from canadianliving.com, The Ultimate Crispy Chicken Wings
Super simple to make! There were 2 sauce options in the recipe & I chose the spicy sauce. The wings are seasoned, coated with flout & baked in a hot oven. While they are baking, make the sauce. Then the wings are tossed in the sauce & voila! Delicious chicken wings!
If you want to make the other wing sauce from the recipe, it is a bbq sauce, click on the link above & you will find the recipe there
Here is the recipe.. you can increase this recipe easily if you want to make more wings… just make enough sauce
2 lbs chicken wings
salt & pepper
1/3 cup hot sauce *** I used Franks Red Hot Original
2 tbsp non-dairy margarine *** I used Becel Vegan Margarine
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. I used a baking rack on the baking sheet to put the chicken wings on, but if you do not have one, just put the wings directly on the baking sheet
- Separate the chicken wings & trim them if needed
- Sprinkle the wings with salt & pepper
- Coat the wings all over with some flour
- Place the wings in a single lawyer on the prepared baking sheet & bake in a hot oven…400f …for 45-60 minutes until crispy & cooked through.. Turn the wings once during cooking *** I know that is a long cooking range… I found the wings were not crispy enough for me at 45 minutes…so I cooled them for about 60 minutes. Make sure the wings are fully cooked
While the wings are cooking make the sauce
Sauce *** This sauce is not too spicy in case you were wondering!
- In a small saucepan, combine the hot sauce, margarine, Worcestershire sauce & onion powder. Mix well
- Bring to a boil
- Remove from the heat & let the sauce cool until the wings are done
- Toss the hot cooked wings in the sauce before serving