Grey spring day + soup!
I really wanted to have soup but quickly…so I searched for a recipe for simple vegetable soup that I could make in the InstaPot. I found this one, Quick & Easy Italian Farmhouse Vegetable Soup by instant pot eats. It looked good in the picture & the name suited me… quick & easy! I adapted the original recipe to the vegetables I had in my house so I will give you the recipe the way I made it! Check out the original if you would like to … here is a link to the original recipe
I used onion, carrots, a handful of dried porcini mushrooms that were left in a bag in the cupboard..some baby kale..a potato, 1/2 a big zucchini, 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, 4 cups of water ( I did not have veg stock) salt even though in the picture there is a carton of vegetable stock…it was past date..so I did not use it..
This soup is a very mild tasting vegetable soup..just what I wanted!
This soup is vegan /parve which I always like!
Here is the recipe Inspired by instant pot eats..
1 tbsp oil..I used grape seed oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 heaping teaspoon minced jarred garlic
a handful of dried mushrooms. (optional of course if you don’t have any or don’t; want to use them)
a couple handfuls of baby kale…or use regular kale or spinach..the original recipe says to use 100 grams of a green… I did not have that much *** washed ..you dot have to dry it really cos it is going into water 🙂
1 small zucchini *** i had a big one so I used half
1 cup canned diced tomatoes…*** now i have to figure out what to do with the rest of the can?
4 cups of vegetable stock *** as I said I used water
*** you can add a couple stalks of celery if you have, I didn’t & put them in with the carrots
Get your InstaPot out!
- Prepare your ingredients so they are ready to add when it is time…
- Dice the onion
- Peel & slice the carrots
- Peel & dice the potato
- If you are using regular kale then remove the leaves from the thick stalk & slice the kale
- Now turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting & add the oil
- Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion, salt, carrots & potato & cook, stirring often so none of this sticks to the bottom of the pot, for a few minutes until you can see that the onion is becoming translucent..
- Add the garlic, dried mushrooms & cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the kale, zucchini, tomatoes ,,,stir well
- Add the liquid & mix
- Turn the Instant Pot off
- Put the lid on according to the manufacturers instructions, making sure that the steam valve is turned in the Sealing position
- Put your Instant Pot on to high Pressure for 10 minutes, make sure the keep warm functional off if you want to eat this soup right when it is finished or i wanted to make it & put it in the fridge for later, I did not need it warm in the pot!
- Once the soup is finished let it NPR..natural pressure release. I did not time this but it did not take too long since the pot is not overfull
- Remove the lid when the button has dropped down & the pressure is out…
- Season to taste I had to add salt
2 thoughts on “Vegetable Soup in the Instant Pot”
I love my instant Pot! Oh this looks tasty, it only took 10 minutes! I’ve only used my pot twice because I’m scared of the pressure release part, it makes me nervous!
If you let it release naturally it’s ok … if you have to turn the valve just don’t lean over it and use an oven mit to protect your hand. Also it takes longer then 10 minutes because it has to come to pressure then cooks for 10 min then natural prewasure release. You can of course make this recipe on the stove!
You must log in to post a comment.