I love coconut! In a cake, in a chocolate bar,,,and in a cookie. Could these be one of the simplest cookies to make? I think so! Coconut Macaaroon Cookies are delicious!
The recipe for this Coconut Macaroon Cookie is on a magazine page that I ripped out of a Martha Stewart magazine many years ago. There are 3 recipes on the page ..one for a Chocolate Chunk Macaroon & one for a Chocolate Macaroon & then this one for a plain macaroon… I like all of them but when I asked Jacki (my daughter) which type she wanted me to make, the vote was for the delicious plain macaroon!
4 ingredients & a bit of salt…. the hardest part is putting the mixture into a nice blob on the cookie sheet. I used a cookie scoop which helped the mixture stay together..then I shaped it into a pyramid kind of shape..when they cooked the tops collapsed beautifully into the base of the cookie leaving a lovely gently domed top….yum!
Here is the recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine…year not remembered!
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
2 large egg whites, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350f
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper…2 if you have or you can use the same one again
- In a bowl, combine the sugar & coconut..Give it a stir
- Pour the slightly beaten egg whites over top of the coconut/sugar then add the vanilla & the salt
- Mix well…Use your hands! Using your hands is the best way to mix this but if you don’t want to… a spoon will work, just make sure you get all of it mixed up well
- Now, you will form cookies.. you can moisten your hands with water & form about 1 1/2 tbsp to 2 tbsp of mixture into a pyramid/haystack/shape. Put them on the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart…they spread. I used a cookie scoop, I pressed the coconut mixture into the cookie scoop so that it would stick together…then I shaped it into the pepper shape!
- Bake for about 15 minutes until they are nicely golden brown
- Let them cool briefly on the baking sheet, then remove them to cooling rack
You can drizzle melted chocolate chips over these cookies.. melt the chocolate chips with a bit of oil, mix well & then drizzle Let the chocolate harden before storing. You can freeze these cookies
One thought on “Coconut Macaroon Cookies”
These are so simple, love them for it!
You must log in to post a comment.