This cookie is a delicious mixture of nuts, sugar & honey! soooo good
My friend makes these cookies every year for Passover but I am going to tell you that they are good & perfect any time of year! They are gluten-free, dairy free & they do not have any ‘matzo’ ingredient.
The batter is a bit sticky & finicky but I used a cookie scoop which I wet sometimes when the nut mixture was getting stuck in it!
I over-baked the first 2 cookie sheets of cookies… I had checked them & then the next time I checked them they were getting burnt. Some of the cookies were still ok & the next tray full I watched more closely!
Here is the recipe
1 1/2 cups almonds
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 400f
Line a baking sheet with parchment..you will need 2 so if you have 2 prepare them both…I used 3 actually
- I ground all of the nuts in the food processor..so put them all in the food processor bowl & pulse the nuts…if you put the food processor on they may get too fine, but really it is up to you how as to how fine or coarse you want the nuts to be!
- Empty the nuts into a large bowl
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, honey & the beaten egg
- Mix well
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out the nut batter…. squish the nut mixture together so that they make a tight ball & the nuts stick together … flatten the balls ..I used my fingers but you can use the bottom of a glass if you want them more uniform
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 -10 minutes.. mine started to burn at 10 minutes & were not done at 5 so WATCH THEM CLOSELY
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a trim minutes to firm up…them remove them with a spatula to a cooling rack
SOMEHOW I MISSED TAKING PICTURES OF THE NUT COOKIES BEFORE THEY WERE COOKED!