it seems like I make Brussels Sprouts a lot…& I don’t like them !!! But Murray does & so do most people so for me it is a good vegetable to make. It is easy to prepare & there are many ways to make them.
This recipe is from Bon Appetit… one of my favourite recipe sites.
The prep for these Brussels Sprouts is a bit longer then just cutting them in half & roasting them, but I found that it was kind of relaxing …the leaves are separated from the core of the sprouts. I washed & trimmed them, then peeled off the leaves…. The recipe calls for unsalted pistachio nuts which I did not have, but luckily I had a jar of mixed unsalted nuts from Costco that had pistachios in it..so I just picked them out of the mix!!
TIP: I was serving this for company so I prepared the leaves the day before & put them into a plastic bag to keep them fresh…this way when I wanted to cook them, it was quick!
Here is the recipe from Bon Appetit makes 4-6 servings….
1 1/2 lbs of brussels sprouts
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup unsalted pistachios, chop these NOTE: IF YOU ARE ALLEGIC TO NUTS..JUST LEAVE THEM OUT & STILL SAUTE THE LEAVES LIKE THIS…IT IS GOOD!
Method *** this is the method from the recipe on Bon Appettit
- Wash & trim the brussels sprouts & separate the leaves…set aside
- Finely chop the shallot & set aside
- In a really large saucepan…heat the oil
- Add the the shallot & cook it for about 1 -2 minutes minutes…I like them brown at the edges but you can just cook them to soften them …
- Add the brussels sprouts leaves & saute until they soften
- Pout the lemon juice on & season with salt & toss them so the lemon juice & salt distribute among them
- Serve with the pistachios sprinkled on top