This is so simple, In fact it was so simple there is not much to say about it!
I had some left-over store-bought spaghetti sauce in the fridge & 1 lb of ground beef, so what to do? Combine them…meatballs in spaghetti sauce. My favourite store bought spaghetti sauce is Perego..the original one but I am sure there are many good store bought sauces out there…so you can use what ever you want! I am trying to use my Instant Pot more since I have had it for a while ..& I am finding that I enjoy it.. What I like is that there is not watching involved…. whatever you are making in the Instant Pot, goes in..the pot is turned on & then you just walk away & in very little time the food is ready.
Here is the recipe
This recipe makes approx 20 meatballs … 2 tbsp size
1 lb hamburger
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp dried minced onion
2 cups store-bought spaghetti sauce…. I like Perego
1/2 cup water
- Mix the hamburger with the egg, garlic powder, minced onion & bread crumbs Set aside
- Put the spaghetti sauce & water into the Instant Pot & stir it to combine
- Make meatballs, mine were small, the size of maybe 2 tbsp scoop….
- Put the meatballs in a single layer into the sauce in the Pot
- Close the lid as per manufacturers instructions…
- Turn the Instant Pot on manual, high pressure, 15 minutes
- When it is done, use the Natural Pressure Release for 20 minutes…be careful opening the lid….so it according to manufactures instructions…
- And there you go… done
I served these as a side dish but you can put this over spaghettie,…rice etc
Note: the meatballs were soft…some of them fell apart..if that is going to bother you, you can brown them first in a skillet & then add them to the sauce. Also, one of them kind of browned a lot on the bottom, didn’t burn but close….it was ok though & it was not burnt to the bottom of the pot