I want cake….but nothing too complicated today…so I think that Lazy Day cake is a perfect idea!!! This simple white cake with a crispy coconut topping is delicious!
I have had this recipe for a very long time.Perhaps over 30 years. It is just written on a small piece of paper so who knows where I got the recipe from!! Sometimes I just crave the sweet dense vanilla cake with this crispy coconut topping. The cake bakes only for 30 minutes so a quick fix for anytime you might need cake NOW! Quick to put together and bakes in a square pan so it makes just enough.
Here is the recipe
Lazy Dazy Cake
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp milk
1 cup shredded coconut *** I used sweetened coconut which was in my pantry
Preheat oven to 350F
‘.Grease a square pan 8×8
- In a small saucepan heat the milk and butter to just about boiling 7 set aside and stir
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar & vanilla until smooth
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder & salt together
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mix well
- Now, pour the hot milk/butter mixture into the batter, mixing well to combine throughly
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8×8 cake pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the cake is baked throughly
- While the cake is baking, combine the ingredients for the topping and set aside
- When the cake is baked, take it out of the oven. Spread the topping evenly over the hot cake
- Broil topping until browned and sugar is melted , approximately 3 minutes *** the pan should be about 4 inches away from the broiler ***WATCH VERY CLOSELY AS THIS CAN BURN QUICKLY
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack before digging in!
One thought on “Lazy Dazy Cake”
Simple yet tasty, airy and light 🙂
You must log in to post a comment.