Here is #2 in my trying different energy balls!
Jacki told me about this recipe, there are 2 more from this website that I will try..the website is Deliciously Ella. The only change I made from the original recipe is that I did not have vanilla powder so I used liquid vanilla. The ingredients are given by weight in the original recipe. I weighed & measured all the ingredients so I am going to give you the ingredients by cups instead of weight. But this is in no way my recipe. All credit goes to DeliciouslyElla & I thank her because I really liked this. They are nut free so can go to school with kids if they have to only bring nut free snacks!!
Here is the link to the recipe
Sesame Vanilla Energy Balls
3 1/2 cups pitted dates
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds *** a heaping 1/3 cup!
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup quick oats
2 tsp vanilla
4 tsp tahini
1/4 cup of sesame seeds ***the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sesame seeds but I had 1/4 cup left over so start with 1/4 cup & add more if you need These are to coat the balls
Method ( my method()
- Cut the dates in half, I use kitchen scissors, by cutting pitted dates in half before using them you ensure that there are no pits in them! I did not always do this but one time there was a pit that got crushed up in the food processor & I had to throw the whole thing out. I think it was for some date squares years ago….
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor & process until finely mixed. Mine did not form into a ball around the food processor blade but when I tried to stick it together I could form it into a ball so that was ok. If your mixture does not form a ball when you gather it in your hand, add some more dates. The recipe I gave here has some extra dates added, so the original recipe is different
- Take the balde out of your food processor so you do not cut you fingers!!!
- Form the mixture into same size balls…I got 24 using approx 2 tbsp of mixture.
- Put the sesame seeds into a dish.
- Roll the balls in the sesame seeds Teh sesame seed didnt stick to the mixtue very wasily so just press them in. I put some sesame seeds in the palm of my hand & preddes them
- I froze some since I didnt want to eat all 24 in a few days…