I am co-hosting a bridal shower this weekend & one of my contributions to the menu are meringue cookies. I made 2 batches of these cookies.The first batch I used vanilla extract , the second batch I made with grated lemon peel. This recipe comes to me from my friend Sharon. I have many recipes of hers & each one is great!
Here is the recipe
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla or 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
optional*** little ball candy sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 300f
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar while the mixer is going ***be careful not to let the sugar hit the moving beaters because then the sugar goes flying & can hit you the face & make a mess!!! Continue beating until thick & shiny Beat in the vanilla or lemon peel
- Fold in the icing sugar in 2 additions
- Pipe or spoon the meringue into cookies on the prepared baking sheets
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours ***baking time depends on the size of the cookies… so watch them after an hour… if they are really dry on top…touch them gently..then I think you can turn off the oven & let the cookies sit in there to dry
- Turn off the oven & let cookies dry for a couple of hours *** if you want your cookies soft & chewy inside take them out of the oven while they are still a bit warm
The video below is of a wonderful little kitchen gadget I have that sucks up the yolk from the white!! It is cool so I thought you might like to see how it works!
One thought on “Meringue Cookies”
[…] Meringue Cookies […]
You must log in to post a comment.