I used to make this recipe almost weekly when my children were young.
These muffins are are full of banana and chocolate chips…such a wonderful combination that it is hard to eat just one!
Warm from the oven when the chocolate chips are runny …small hands and chins covered with melty chocolate….divine! Of course, just as good when cooled.
These are a good addition to any school lunch box. Nut free so no potential issue there. I could go on and on about all the ways to enjoy these muffins but I think you should just make them, enjoy them and see for yourselves how yummy they are!!
Here is the recipe
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
1/4 cup sour milk *** add 1/4 tsp vinegar to the milk to sour it .. stir
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda *** added to the soured milk see #5 in Method
1 cup mashed bananas ( approximately 3 medium size bananas)
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F
Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or use cupcake papers
- In a small bowl mix the milk with the vinegar, stir and let sit for a few minutes
2. In the bowl of a mixer cream the butter and sugar
3. Add the eggs, mixing well until combined and creamy
4. Add the vanilla
5. Stir the baking soda into the soured milk. Add to the mixing bowl and combine
6. Mix in the mashed bananas
7. Combine the flour and baking powder and mix into the batter just until combined, do not over-mix or the muffins will be tough
8. Mix in the chocolate chips
9. Spoon into prepared muffin tins
10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes