I really enjoy looking at food TikTok. Some of the things on there I would never make & some I love to try. This TikTok “recipe’ is one I thought we all might like! The ingredients are … store-bought cinnamon bun dough in a tube, 1 cup of heavy cream & then you need butter, brown sugar & cinnamon!
There were so many variations of this but I settled on one by the creator @kristie8153. She had amounts posted on her post so I thought that would be a good one to follow. I used less buns then she did, I wanted to try it before really committing & buying 2 tins of cinnamon rolls! As a result of using half the buns, I used half of the ingredients except the cream.
So simple & they turned out delicious! The TikTok Pillsbury Cinnamon Buns are very soft & tender! They soak cup the cream! I would make these again, though for the 5 buns I would use less cream, 1/2 cup would be perfect. I had to put them back in the oven for another 20 minutes so the cream dried up and also the buns were browner which I like.
*** These are very sweet! just warning you !!
Here is how to make them
1 – 2 tins of Pillsbury Grande Cinnamon Rolls ( one tin has 5 buns. so depending on how many you want to make )
1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream *** I used 1 cup of cream for 4 buns & it was too wet after 30 minutes covered so I put them back in the oven to cover for another 15 minutes
1/4 or 1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup or 2/3 brown sugar
1 tbsp or 2 tbsp cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350f
- Separate the buns in the tub & put them into a large enough baking dish so there is room around them to expand during baking
- Pour the cream around the buns
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar & cinnamon together & put on top of the buns
- Cover the pan with foil
- Bake for 35-30 minutes then uncover the buns & continue cooking until they are as brown as you like them!!
- When cooked let cool a but then spread the icing that came in the tub all over the baked cinnamon buns & that is it!!!